Holiday Home Maintenance Tips – 12 ways to Hinch your mobile home
A caravan is a home away from home, something that should be treasured just as much as the memories that are made there.
When you arrive at your holiday home, you do so with the intention of unwinding and relaxing, not opening the doors to a day’s worth of cleaning. Below we have put together a helpful guide on how to care for your caravan, whether you simply stay over the summer months or visit it all year round.
- Clear leaves off the roof – rotting leaves can damage the roof, possibly leaving patches of rust that may require maintenance.
- Check anchor chain’s for signs of corrosion.
- Clean exterior walls with a cloth or a jet wash to protect against damage from pollution and bird lime.
- Keep your caravan tidy at all times - if you have any washing laying around ensure you do it to avoid a build up of mess and clutter.
- Regularly open windows to allow air to circulate helping to prevent against damp which can be expensive to treat in caravans.
- Clear all air vents of any debris that may cause a blockage.
- Ensure that all annual checks are carried out on boiler and gas systems – this is for safety of both you and other residents.
- Inspect all electrical appliances before use in your caravan.
- Inspect your caravan’s drainage system for blockages or water that could freeze over the winter months – ensure that you have turned off your water and gas supply beforehand.
- Make sure all water has been drained from the cistern after flushing toilet.
- Remember to keep all windows secured and doors locked when you are not in your caravan, just as you would at home.
- Leave a tray/bowl of salt in every room to absorb any condensation or moisture.
If you follow these handy tips, your mobile home will remain in top condition, not only in the summer but also throughout the winter. You will be saved the job of performing major maintenance works on your holiday home.
Experience all the beauty Ireland has to offer with a seasonal getaway in…
On Friday 18th January the Holiday World Show will once again open it's…
Holiday World Show 2019... 2-Jan-2019
6 Reasons to choose Bundoran to Golf... 6-Dec-2018
Staycation Vs Vacation... 28-Nov-2018
T: 028 8649 4644
ROI call: 00 44 (0) 28 8676 7022
Email: Click Here to Email Us
3a Killycolp Road